Can I just say that although the picture is going round, I personally couldn't find a recipe so this may be one of the first actual recipes!! (Probably most definitely not true)
Chocolate Barrel Cake:
>225g stork or butter at room temperature
>275g caster sugar
> 1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
>6tbsp cocoa powder
>300g self raising flour
>1tsp baking powder
See this recipe
>3 packs of chocolate fingers
>1 giant pack of m&m's
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter and line a cake tin.
2. Cream the stork/butter and sugar together until cream and fluffy. Add an egg and beat until fully combined. Add the other egg and the vanilla and beat until fully combined.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together, separately. Add a third of the flour mix to the butter mixture and whisk until combined. Pour a third of the milk into the butter mixture and whisk until combined. Continue until all the flour mix and milk has been added. The cake mixture is meant to be quite liquidy so make sure you add all the milk.
4. Bake the cake for about 45-50mins until a toothpick comes clean, it make take slightly longer. Leave the cake in the tin for 5minutes and then place on a cooling rack to cool.
5. Halve the cake and cream with a buttercream such as this or simply whipped cream in the middle and around the edges.
6. Place the chocolate fingers around the edge of the cake. Slightly push them into the buttercream so that they stick. If you do not have chocolate fingers then you can use any other type of chocolate such as KitKats or matchsticks.
7. Place the m&ms in the centre of the cake randomly. Chill the cake for at least two hours and then serve.
And that is it, a delicious and moist chocolate cake that can be decorated with your favourite chocolate for any occasion.