I found it too hard to stop myself from eating the cookie dough. It was just too good! If I am completely honest with you, I probably ate somewhere around 2 cookies worth. Shhhhh!
|Cookies and milk, perfect!|
Now, onto the recipe. I have been dying to share this recipe with you since the start of this blog and I cannot believe it has taken me so long to get around to it! I finally found some time yesterday and this is the result! These cookies can be made days in advance and stored in a air-tight container.
This recipe is so simple and I have made it several times and each time this recipe has not failed me. the thing that I love about this recipe is that you do not have to chill the mix so this recipe is super quick.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
> 250g self-raising flour
> 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
> 1/2tsp salt
> 170g unsalted butter
> 170g soft, light brown sugar
> 70g caster sugar
> 1tbsp vanilla extract
> 1 egg
> 1 egg yolk
> 300g chocolate chips (plain, milk, dark, white, whichever you wish!)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set the bowl aside.
3. Melt the butter. The best way to do this is in the microwave. Watch the butter like a hawk and make sure the butter is just melted and not boiling.
4. In a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the melted butter and sugars. Beat in the vanilla and the eggs until light and creamy.
5. Mix in the sifted ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips. Place 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto the baking tray. The cookies spread a lot in the oven so leave a fair amount of space between the cookies.
6. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden but still soft. Take the tray out and leave the cookies on the tray for 1-2 minutes to harden slightly and then move the cookies onto a cooling rack. You will find that you will have to bake several batches and end up with about 36 cookies, that is if you don't eat any!
7. Serve the cookies with a glass of milk and if you do not wish tho consume the cookies on the same day then simply store them in an airtight container until you are ready to serve them.