Friday 21 June 2013

Puff Pastry Apple Tart

This week has been extremely eventful for me but my highlight has been finishing my exams! I feel so happy about this and this is great news for the blog because it means that I will have more time to post!

So onto this weeks recipe. This weeks bake was spontaneous which is unusual for me because I normally plan bakes far ahead. But, we had a lot of apples at home and we had puff pastry so I thought, why not make a puff pastry apple tart?





This recipe is so simple and so quick and I would advise making this recipe if you are just starting to bake. I used ready made puff pastry as it is much cheaper and much easier but you could make your own if you wish.

Puff Pastry Apple Tart

Ingredients:
> 1 pack ready made puff pastry
> 6-8 eating apples
> 40g unsalted butter
> Sprinkling of caster sugar
> Icing sugar to dust

Method:

1. Roll out your pastry until you have a large, thin, rectangle. Put baking paper on a baking sheet and put the pastry on top.

2. Preheat the oven to 200C.

3. Half the apples and cut the apples into super thin slices, the thinner the better. When you come across a slice that has part of a core in it just slice it off. I find that 'coring' the apple like this is easier and you get straight slices of apple. If you want you can peel the apples but I left the peel on as I like the texture and also I find that it looks more attractive like this.

4. Layer the apples on top of each other in rows. Start at the top of the pastry and then just layer all the way to the end. To get an good amount of apple in each slice, layer the slices really close together. Put more than you think you should because the apples will shrink in the oven. Layer the apples so that there is a small border around the edge of the pastry.

5. Melt the butter and brush over the top of the apples. Sprinkle caster sugar over the top of the apples, lightly and evenly.

6. Bake the tart for 20-25mins until the apples are lightly golden and the pastry is cooked.

7. Slice the tart and dust with icing sugar, this is perfect served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

8. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment